Our powerful whitening products break up stains and brighten teeth. Yellow and dull teeth bleach well and give patients more confident smiles.
If you are interested in learning more about our tooth whitening methods, contact Duluth Dental Center today.
Why Are My Teeth Discolored?
- Food and Drink: Intensely pigmented foods and drinks tend to dull your smile. Some of the culprits for yellow teeth include coffee, tea, and red wine. This kind of staining can be easily corrected with professional tooth whitening.
- Tobacco Use: Tar and nicotine tend to leave a yellowish staining on the teeth.
- Age: Regular aging leads to tooth discoloration. That’s because the outer enamel of our teeth becomes thinner over time, and the yellowish dentin under the teeth shows through.
- Physical Trauma: If your teeth have been damaged, the tooth may react by laying down more dentin. This darkens the appearance of the tooth.
- Some Medications: Some antihistamines, antipsychotics, and high blood pressure medications may lead to tooth darkening. Young children who are exposed to antibiotics when their teeth are forming may also experience tooth discoloration later in life.
Reverse Discoloration with Zoom! Tooth Whitening
Ready to see a bright and beautiful new smile? Zoom! is a 25% hydrogen peroxide gel used alongside ultraviolet light. Zoom! breaks stains down and allows oxygen to enter into the enamel, leaving you with a sparkling new smile.
A Zoom! procedure takes no more than one hour, and you will see a smile that is about 6-10 shades whiter.
In-office whitening is the fastest way to see the most dramatic difference in your smile. For patients who prefer to whiten at home but want better results than what drugstore whitening kits can provide, we also offer take-home whitening options. Visit Duluth Dental Center to receive your custom whitening trays and professional-grade whitening gel.
You can learn more about tooth whitening and other cosmetic treatments by contacting our office today.